Becoming a Public Relations Writer is a comprehensive guide to the writing process for public relations practice. Using straightforward, no-nonsense language, realistic examples, easy-to-follow steps and practical exercises, this text introduces the various formats and styles of writing you will encounter as a public relations practitioner. A focus on ethical and legal issues is woven throughout, with examples and exercises addressing public relations as practiced by corporations, non-profit agencies, and other types of organizations both large and small. In addition, the book offers the most comprehensive list of public relations writing formats to be found anywhere—from the standard news release to electronic mail and other opportunities using a variety of technologies and media.
The fourth edition has been updated to reflect significant developments in the public relations field, including:
- New chapter on multimedia and social media releases
- New chapter on websites, blogs, and wikis
- Expansion of the chapter on direct mail and online appeals
- Updated examples of actual pieces of public relations writing
- A companion website including writing exercises, PowerPoint presentations, and relevant links
Through its comprehensive and accessible approach, Becoming a Public Relations Writer is an invaluable resource for future and current public relations practitioners.